The Pennsylvania Progressive

The Pennsylvania Progressive discusses progressive politics, issues, and candidates with a particular emphasis on Pennsylvania. All rights reserved. We have moved so please click on a link below.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Introduction

The first post. I suppose the first post should be something intersting. I definitely have something interesting to say. I hope you'll continue to visit to read various interesting things.

A bit about me first of all. I live in Pennsylvania and am very politically active. I'm a progressive. That means I support issues like universal, single payer health care, a living wage, equal rights for all Americans, a clean and healthy environment, a woman's right to choose, and an end to our Iraq fiasco.

I believe that voters want a clear choice who to vote for. I think they're sick and tired of voting against someone or for the lesser of two evils. I think if we define what our fundamental values and principles are Americans will respond to that, support them as their own, and vote for us.

I think when we abandon our fundamental principles on the altar of perceived electability we confuse the voters, alienate voters, and lose elections. I think it's time we stand up for what we believe in and support those candidates and campaigns that also do so.

I hope to use this blog to do exactly that.

I'm a liberal and I'm proud of what I believe in.