The Pennsylvania Progressive

The Pennsylvania Progressive discusses progressive politics, issues, and candidates with a particular emphasis on Pennsylvania. All rights reserved. We have moved so please click on a link below.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

News and Notes

Progress on the new site for the blog is progressing nicely. I think we'll be ready next week. We're moving to Typepad and will have more features and things than are available here at Blogger. Mostly we won't have to deal with Blogger being down as frequently as happens. Also, and this will make things much easier for our readers, the url will simply be ThePennsylvaniaProgressive.com.

On the downside we'll be losing Raven as a contributor. She has gotten a transfer and so will not be having time to blog. I've asked a good friend who has posted here often as a guest columnist to fill her shoes and he has agreed. Welcome Kirk. If you are in Pennsylvania and wouldlike to cover your part of it for this blog please let me know. I know we're missing news from western PA and would love to find someone from that area.

The other downside is cost. Though there are costs incurred here Typepad will involve more expenses for me. As is obvious I spend a good deal of time doing this blog. The new blog will include a "Tip Jar" for those who might wish to help defray the expenses for the blog. All contributions will be very gratefully accepted.

All the old posts and articles will follow us to Typepad so we won't lose the archives. I'll keep this old site alive awhile for those who'll need a reference to point them to the new one. It may take a few days after we transfer for all the feeds to get set up and/or transferred so please bear with me. One of the nice features of Sitemeter is I know which ones everyone is using.

This is a very busy weekend around Berks County and I'll be at the Oley Fair tonight, a Planned Parenthood Advocates Board meeting Saturday, then the Renewable Energy festival and Riverfest. Lots going on and I'll try to get some good pictures. Posting may be light as I get everywhere though.