The Pennsylvania Progressive

The Pennsylvania Progressive discusses progressive politics, issues, and candidates with a particular emphasis on Pennsylvania. All rights reserved. We have moved so please click on a link below.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

One Vote Does Count

Don't ever allow some nitwit to tell you their vote doesn't count. There are races every year that are determined by a single tally. Last week I came out of my contest for county committeeman down by a single vote 97-96. Yesterday I went to election services to observe them tally the absentee ballots. There were 14 for my precinct but 12 of those were cast by Republicans. With only two Democratic ballots to count I had to get both votes to win. I did. So I won 98-97. One vote can be crucial. Don't ever allow someone to tell you your vote isn't important.