The Pennsylvania Progressive

The Pennsylvania Progressive discusses progressive politics, issues, and candidates with a particular emphasis on Pennsylvania. All rights reserved. We have moved so please click on a link below.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Random Thoughts

Just a few thoughts, some of which reflect comments made this week.

The Casey-MoveOn story is one I wrote and posted at DailyKos last July. I re-posted it here because I thought it brought some context and perspective to the "Lawyers" story. That story prompted quite a bit of controversy this week. I did the work on that story a while back was asked not to post it by a nationally known blogger who is also a friend. He asked me not to post it because of pending FEC decisions regarding regulation of blogs. I thought that was an important issue and was quite aware of what posting the story at the time might cause. That issue is no longer applicable.

Both of those stories began with tips I received from others. I suspected they were true and had actually begun some Googling on the lawyer when I got some confirmation on the issue. The MoveOn article was prompted by a specific tip received from a friend. Both articles involved doing considerable research to dig up relationships, information, and confirmation. I feel they both revealed important issues.

If you know something or suspect something and don't have time/resources/contacts to put the story together I welcome tips. Please email me with your info and any supporting documentation and sources.

Other thoughts: Will Tuesday see a triple threat meltdown? Will Brightbill, Jubilerer and Veon all go down in one fell swoop? It could be a very interesting day.

Tuesday will be the first test for Philadelphia's Neighborhood Networks. I sure hope they have a positive impact. I attended the first two organizing meeting of NN when I was working for Pennacchio for Pennsylvania and was intrigued by their desire to counter the Philadelphia Democratic Party machine. There is quite a battle brewing for the future of the Party in Philly and two organizations, Neighborhood Networks and Philly for Change are in the forefront of the reform movement.

I saw my first Swann/Matthews signs this week. Folks, only the worst GOP diehards are still putting Republican signs in their yards. These are the 19% who still think "Dead Eye" Dick Cheney is a good V.P. I've also seena few old Bush/Cheney bumper stickers that car owners are obviously trying to peel off their cars. Try using a hair dryer on them folks. They should peel right off after warming them up.