The Pennsylvania Progressive

The Pennsylvania Progressive discusses progressive politics, issues, and candidates with a particular emphasis on Pennsylvania. All rights reserved. We have moved so please click on a link below.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

More Data missing

I received a letter today that says that a notebook computer containing my military data and that of 26.5 million other people was taken home by a government employee and then the notebook was stolen.

I know this has been in the news for a while but getting that letter kinda sorta brought the issue home to roost. Why would someone take all that information and leave their office? So now I have to go through all the extra trouble to be extra vigilent and make sure my identity isn't being stolen. Of course, I'd rather do that than have ANY government agency digging around in my credit reports. Sheez, that thought is more terrifying than the theft.

So my first observation for government employees: do your work at the office not at home, that way, if it gets stolen, I can blame the government. Not that I need any more fuel for that fire.

Raven